Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Holiday Recap!

I booked my holiday flights before I even arrived in PA. I had to secure the cheapest flights possible in order to make coming home for both events possible. I don't know if I was asleep or drunk when booking these particular flights but I guess I decided that taking the redeye home both times would be a great idea. After Thanksgiving and Christmas break, arriving in PA at 6 am and taking the train to work was two of the hardest work days of my life.

Thanksgiving was my first time coming home since moving out here to Penn. I could not wait to see everyone and update them on my first 3 weeks. I was even more glad that I would be able to be home to participate in my brother and Anna's first Thanksgiving in their new house! When planning my holiday schedule when working at POB I wasn't going to be able to make it, so this was a HUGE treat for me. Thanksgiving was also the first holiday that Adam and I tried (keyword tried) to eat at both of our families dinners! (I had never been so full or tired in all my life!) Another plus of being home for the weekend, Anna planned to take me to her wedding venue, and book it! (FYI it is going to be stunning). I have really enjoyed being her Maid of Honor and I am dedicating all my vacation time this year to her bridal shower, bachelorette party and wedding. I can not wait for all the festivities to begin!

Christmas break included many events. 
My boyfriend and one of my best friends Ariel through a fabulous birthday party for me on the 23rd! It was so much fun seeing my friends from highschool, reuniting with my beff from LB, enjoying time with my brother/sister and ringing in my big 2-4 on the 24th! 

Lacie and Sarah

Beff/roomie from Long Beach! 

Adam and I 
Ariel, Anna and I 
One of the best party hosts ever, Ariel!

BHS reunion!

Everyone please remind me next birthday to not celebrate the night before because I was shot for the entire day of my actual birthday! The night of the 24th we had 22 people for dinner including aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins and Adam's family. It was so much fun catching up with everybody and really made me feel like it was finally Christmas.

Christmas day was fun as usual. We drank mimosas, dressed up the dogs, opened gifts and lounged the entire day! 
Dakota loved her santa hat :)

Big deal this year, Adam got his stuffed animal stocking. He now has a place on our mantle :)

In our family tradition, crazy christmas pajamas!

They can never take a bad picture! Matt and Anna

My favorite Christmas Gift, all the Harry Potter movies! Can't wait to visit Harry Potter World this year!

My favorite moment of Christmas morning! Dad did good with his present giving :)

The framed professional pictures of Anna, Matt, Adam and I
XOXO, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment