Sunday, January 8, 2012

The people and experiences that make my life complete!

First off, please let me give my sincere apology for not updating since moving to Penn. Life has been pretty crazy and I haven't really had a chance to take a breath...until now!

Yesterday, I celebrated my 2 month anniversary of starting work at DB corporate. I have thoroughly enjoyed my job and can not wait for the future. I have met some wonderful girls, experienced a whole new world, and been supported by friends and family the entire way.

This picture is for my Dad. He always said he picked my name because it would look good on a nameplate!

My home away from home! My cubicle :)

 Most people warned me when I was moving out here that this would be the worst time due to weather. But the weather has been beautiful (no snow yet) and I have had 2 holidays that have given me the ability to see my family. It has broken up the time here well and I haven't felt a strong feeling of home sickness yet. The next few months will be a huge test for me because the next time I will be home to see my family is undecided and looking like it may be this summer.

My first few weekends living in Penn I  have spent pretty primarily alone getting used to the area and shopping a lot! I was fine with being alone but realized if I was going to make Penn a home I would need to find a support system here.

Becoming close with my host family has been one of the biggest blessings I have. Heather and her family have welcomed me with open arms. We eat dinner together during the week, gone out for drinks after long days of work and more.

I have also created friendships with girls from work. They have taken me to lunch, offered to help winterize myself and my car, mentored me through each project and they all have been extremely welcoming. Two girls in particular, Anna and Katie have been my sounding board. Anna was actually the Merchandise Assistant before I came (Now is an Assistant Buyer) and has helped mentor me since day one. We instantly clicked because of our background of working in DB stores (she worked in stores for 7 years!) and our long distance (kinda) relationships with the men in our lives. Katie is the Merchandise Assistant for everything else - (Or at least it feels like it!) She assists White by Vera Wang,  DB Studio, and Bridal Accessories. Katie and I share our greek collegiate experience, long term serious relationships, and love of everything fashion. I could not be happier with the girls I am surrounded with at work.

After spending these last 2 months here, I have come to appreciate the friends and family that I do have  back home as well. The Skype dates with my beff/roomies (Marge, Katie and Kelso) have been exactly what I needed to get through my work week. The visits home when I can see my best friends from high school, Ariel and Lacie, remind me that Benicia will always be my home. And every phone call, text message, Facetime, Skype session, email I have with my amazing boyfriend Adam keeps me sane and grateful that I know without a shadow of a doubt that our relationship will only become stronger with this new chapter. And of course, my family who have been the best family a girl could ask for. The constant phone calls from my mom :) help remind me that I am not alone, every success I have at work I instantly think of my Dad and my brother/sister have become 2 of my very best friends.

I can't forget my little Callie baby! (She's not really so little anymore!) She is the best non-human roommate a girl could ask for :)




XOXO, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment