Monday, November 7, 2011

The End of the Road Trip!

I can not believe how fast this road trip has flown by. I am sorry I haven't posted this weekend, when we arrived at my new place I didn't have the wireless password and wasn't able to sign on at all! Ugh! So I am going to try to get you updated on all the happenings since then!

Friday was an extremely easy drive! We left Harrisonburg, TN, bright and early and started our 4 hour trek! What was fun on this leg of the trip was the amount of states we drove through in such a short amount of time! Of course the signs were hung over the freeway, making it impossible to pull over and pose with them :( but we still managed to document our route. :)

West Virginia State Line

Maryland State Line

Pennsylvania State Line! Home sweet Home!
Because PA was going to be my new home away from home, we decided to pull over at the visitors center and try to find a PA sign to pose with! Look how perfect this was!

PA Visitors Center
 We arrived at my new abode by 1 pm and we both were so excited to get out of the car. The weather was beautiful, blue sky, sun for days and a great chill in the air. A perfect start to my first weekend in Pennsylvania!
Mom and I infront of my new home!
 We started unpacking the car and setting up my new room when I got the dreaded phone call from Adam. The plan was that Adam was flying out of the Orange County Airport straight from work and my  amazzzzing best friends, Marge, Katie and Kelso were going to pick up Callie from our apartment and bring her to him before he left for the airport. Well it didn't go as easy as planned.

Adam called and said the girls were having an awful time getting Callie in her crate and she was hiding under the bed, in the corner, hissing and scratching anyone in her way. I felt completely helpless 3,000 miles away and I had no idea what to do. I didn't want to put my friends in harms way, my boyfriend to miss his flight and my cat left in California. After an hour or so, the girls found a hero in a friend, Jeff, who came by and managed to maneuver Callie in her carrier, and the girls rushed her to the airport and met Adam just in time! Phew!! Thank you Jeff, Marge, Katie, Kelso and of course Adam for managing to get my cat across country!

After getting over a minor anxiety attack, we finished our errands, set up my room and went to have our last dinner with the two of us, only to find yet another surprise! Snow! In the parking lot of the restaurant was piles of snow from last weekends storm. Todo we are not in Kansas anymore!!! eek!

 We picked our men (my Dad and Adam) at the airport around midnight and drove them safely back to the house! I was sooo happy to see both of them and could not wait for the weekend ahead. I needed both of them to love this place in order for myself to feel confidant in this decision!

XO, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment